hostgator coupons Bergedel tattoos: One More from Michael: An Otomo Design That Reminds Him of a Love Lost

Friday, December 16, 2011

One More from Michael: An Otomo Design That Reminds Him of a Love Lost

Michael, whose Calvin tattoo was featured in the previous post here, also shared this cool piece from his right arm:


Michael explained the origin of this design:
"The artist is Katsuhiro Otomo, the legendary Japanese animator, who did Akira [a popular manga series]. I’ve been in love with him since I was a kid. He came out with another movie called Steamboy that I was super excited about … I got the deluxe set … with the sketchbook in it and I’ve fallen in love with [this girl] … I loved her from the beginning but then I was dating a girl and I fucked it all up and she, well, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and I just wanted to … she’s almost adorable as this and I wanted to put that in memory and not be a fool and, well, she’s still mad at me."
Michael added that they still talk and he's holding out hope that forgiveness and reconciliation are still a possibility.

The tattoo was inked by Ariel Salgado at Millenium Tattoo in Newburgh, New York. Ariel, Michael said, has done most of his tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment