amitjoey
01-26 11:18 AM
Congrajulations! to all the toppers.
wallpaper Then amp; Now: Bruce Springsteen
AfghanPremi
12-08 12:24 AM
Yes!
You will be fine, i am on H1 and doing my MS part time!!
You will be fine, i am on H1 and doing my MS part time!!
bank_king2003
04-21 11:29 AM
I did try to get into it so that i can start an effort to file a lawsuit but it seems after spending couple of hundread dollars to talk to lawyers I came across that federal courts have no power to do anything against USCIS if it is ineffeciency due to beurocracy delays.
So Technically you can file a lawsuit even as an individual but then Federal Court wont be able to held USCIS accountable as USCIS will give excuse as beurocracy delays and lack of resources and that lands on Congress so Federal court will have to get Congress involved.
Very Sad ... but its true ... this is a clean example how unfair this country is and it still preaches other countries on this planet about liberty, justice blah blah ...
So Technically you can file a lawsuit even as an individual but then Federal Court wont be able to held USCIS accountable as USCIS will give excuse as beurocracy delays and lack of resources and that lands on Congress so Federal court will have to get Congress involved.
Very Sad ... but its true ... this is a clean example how unfair this country is and it still preaches other countries on this planet about liberty, justice blah blah ...
2011 Bruce Springsteen Born in the
kminkeller
03-09 03:54 PM
Thanks Radhagd:
Is it necessary to do consular processing. PD for EB2 for my country is current. Also, can we premium process my LABOR and I140 now a days?
Thanks.
Is it necessary to do consular processing. PD for EB2 for my country is current. Also, can we premium process my LABOR and I140 now a days?
Thanks.
more...
oliTwist
01-10 08:46 PM
I had gone through the layoff thing during 2001-2002 time. Maybe, I might be mistaken. But I feel that time it was even worse.
slowwin
04-25 11:30 AM
hello folks,
I am switching jobs after an approved I140 and over 180 days from 485 receipt.
I am expecting no problems when leaving my current company. but just incase they decide to revoke my 140,
- is it ok to file AC21 after i receive the NOID if some thing happens or is it better to file AC21 now?
one other complication is i will be changing address too. how long does it take for USCIS to update my new address in their records? the reason i am asking is if they send me RFE or NOID, i will totally miss the boat if they send it to the wrong address. i am sure they will send a copy to my attorney, but he works form my current employer and I will assume he is less likely to help. Does it help if i file G28 with my own name and my new address?
I need to join my new job in 10 days and i hev give my crrent company a notice so it is a bit urgent. Please help.
Thank you
Rex
Rex,
1) It is better to send in an AC21 letter, when in doubt i.e, in case your employer revokes I-140., even though you have crossed 180 days threshold after filing for I-485/AOS.
2) Retain your own lawyer and change G-28 to him/her. For changing G-28 to self is done by sending in a letter to USCIS saying that you are withdrawing the representation rights (for you) of the the previous lawyer.
3) First Change address. Use AR-11 form. send it to the address shown on that form. secondly, Call the number on your I-485 and other receipts to update your new address.
The proper sequence to follow is 3, 2, 1.
Thanks,
----------------------------
DISCLAIMER: Not a legal advise. This is my personal opinion. Consult an attorney to proceed.
I am switching jobs after an approved I140 and over 180 days from 485 receipt.
I am expecting no problems when leaving my current company. but just incase they decide to revoke my 140,
- is it ok to file AC21 after i receive the NOID if some thing happens or is it better to file AC21 now?
one other complication is i will be changing address too. how long does it take for USCIS to update my new address in their records? the reason i am asking is if they send me RFE or NOID, i will totally miss the boat if they send it to the wrong address. i am sure they will send a copy to my attorney, but he works form my current employer and I will assume he is less likely to help. Does it help if i file G28 with my own name and my new address?
I need to join my new job in 10 days and i hev give my crrent company a notice so it is a bit urgent. Please help.
Thank you
Rex
Rex,
1) It is better to send in an AC21 letter, when in doubt i.e, in case your employer revokes I-140., even though you have crossed 180 days threshold after filing for I-485/AOS.
2) Retain your own lawyer and change G-28 to him/her. For changing G-28 to self is done by sending in a letter to USCIS saying that you are withdrawing the representation rights (for you) of the the previous lawyer.
3) First Change address. Use AR-11 form. send it to the address shown on that form. secondly, Call the number on your I-485 and other receipts to update your new address.
The proper sequence to follow is 3, 2, 1.
Thanks,
----------------------------
DISCLAIMER: Not a legal advise. This is my personal opinion. Consult an attorney to proceed.
more...
vallabhu
01-02 12:08 PM
I called USCIS customer service number and asked If I can speak to that specific adjudicator customer rep directed the call to another Officer and that lady understood the issue and mentioned that I should have called before i saw denial notice she might have helped by reviewing the decision made by adjudicators but now is too late and asked me to follow the steps mentioned on denial notice which is appeal.
2010 Bruce Springsteen
quizzer
10-23 04:28 PM
Libra,
Congrats!!! Did it take an year for the RFE itself???
Romesh and naresh,
Any updates?
thanks,
Congrats!!! Did it take an year for the RFE itself???
Romesh and naresh,
Any updates?
thanks,
more...
FrankZulu
08-12 04:26 PM
As my priority date is current I contacted my local congressman's office for help with my I-485. NSC replied back to the office (see reply below) saying my background checks are still on. But the officer at the infopass appointment said my backgrounds checks are complete. I don't know whom to believe.
Is this some kind of standard reply that USCIS is giving for Congressman's or Senators case status inquiry?
Good morning XXXXXXXXXXX,
Re: I-485s <Applicant Name>
I have conversed with those in charge of these cases.
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is
committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely, efficient
manner that ensures public safety and national security.
Toward that end, USCIS requires extensive background checks for every
application or petition it adjudicates. While background checks for
most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage
of cases involve unresolved background check issues that result in
adjudication delays.
Background checks involve more than just the initial submission of and
response related to biographical information and fingerprints. When
checks and/or a review of an administrative record reveal an issue
potentially impacting an applicant's eligibility for the requested
immigration benefit, further inquiry is needed. The inquiry may include
an additional interview and/or the need to contact another agency for
updates or more comprehensive information. If it is determined that an
outside agency possesses relevant information about a case, USCIS
requests such information for review. Upon gathering and assessing all
available information, USCIS then adjudicates the application as
expeditiously as possible.
We have checked into your constituent's case and have been assured that
the agency is aware of your inquiry, and is monitoring progress related
to it. However, unresolved issues in your constituent's case require
thorough review before a decision can be rendered. Unfortunately, we
cannot speculate as to when this review process will be completed.
We realize that your constituent may feel frustrated by delays related
to his or her case. As an agency, we must weigh individual
inconvenience against the broader concerns of public safety and national
security.
We hope this information and assurance are helpful. If we may be of
assistance in the future, please let us know.
I hope this information is helpful to you. At this time I am closing the
inquiry on this matter.
Thank you,
<Officer Name>
Immigration Services Officer
NSC Congressional Unit
I have tried multiple sources and following is the response:
* SR (july 19th): No response Yet
* IO Inquiry (2nd Level, multiple times): You are pre-adjudicated. Officer will review/in review.
* Congressmen: I am in the queue to be processed (File will be picked through electronic sweep :confused:).
* Senator: Background check being conducted. (No written response yet, just was updated on phone by the senators office).
* InfoPass (3 months back): Your application is pre-adju. and will be approved once visa is available.
To all who have experienced something similar, how can I confirm if my application is really going through background check??? Or should I give it more time?
Is this some kind of standard reply that USCIS is giving for Congressman's or Senators case status inquiry?
Good morning XXXXXXXXXXX,
Re: I-485s <Applicant Name>
I have conversed with those in charge of these cases.
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is
committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely, efficient
manner that ensures public safety and national security.
Toward that end, USCIS requires extensive background checks for every
application or petition it adjudicates. While background checks for
most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage
of cases involve unresolved background check issues that result in
adjudication delays.
Background checks involve more than just the initial submission of and
response related to biographical information and fingerprints. When
checks and/or a review of an administrative record reveal an issue
potentially impacting an applicant's eligibility for the requested
immigration benefit, further inquiry is needed. The inquiry may include
an additional interview and/or the need to contact another agency for
updates or more comprehensive information. If it is determined that an
outside agency possesses relevant information about a case, USCIS
requests such information for review. Upon gathering and assessing all
available information, USCIS then adjudicates the application as
expeditiously as possible.
We have checked into your constituent's case and have been assured that
the agency is aware of your inquiry, and is monitoring progress related
to it. However, unresolved issues in your constituent's case require
thorough review before a decision can be rendered. Unfortunately, we
cannot speculate as to when this review process will be completed.
We realize that your constituent may feel frustrated by delays related
to his or her case. As an agency, we must weigh individual
inconvenience against the broader concerns of public safety and national
security.
We hope this information and assurance are helpful. If we may be of
assistance in the future, please let us know.
I hope this information is helpful to you. At this time I am closing the
inquiry on this matter.
Thank you,
<Officer Name>
Immigration Services Officer
NSC Congressional Unit
I have tried multiple sources and following is the response:
* SR (july 19th): No response Yet
* IO Inquiry (2nd Level, multiple times): You are pre-adjudicated. Officer will review/in review.
* Congressmen: I am in the queue to be processed (File will be picked through electronic sweep :confused:).
* Senator: Background check being conducted. (No written response yet, just was updated on phone by the senators office).
* InfoPass (3 months back): Your application is pre-adju. and will be approved once visa is available.
To all who have experienced something similar, how can I confirm if my application is really going through background check??? Or should I give it more time?
hair Bruce Springsteen -- #39;Born to
Saralayar
07-29 09:56 AM
My son is an U.S citizen (4 years old) and my Attorney successfully filed a petion on behalf of me and mywife.
But that petion is based on EB2 :p
Another funny and time pass thread...
But that petion is based on EB2 :p
Another funny and time pass thread...
more...
americandesi
08-31 01:42 PM
OK so we're 1 million in the backlog. That could be a small country.
Instead of spending hundreds of thousands on lobbying, we can just buy a piece of land somewhere (big enough to have a passport office building), get immediate citizenship in our new country and then USCIS will be able to process our GC applications within a year.
Someone from Taiwan (and smaller neighboring countries) can get GC in 1 year but if you're from China you will wait 6-10 years. I am not sure of how much cultural differences exist between these two countries, all I know is that my Taiwanese friend speaks Chinese, goes to Chinese church. So much for diversity.
So.. if anyone has the info on how to register a new country, I'd like to know.
Sorry, its the wee hours and I just felt like posting this. Please close thread as and when desired.
Sidenote: Hear IV Rally announcement on Dallas Radio www.funasia.net (http://www.funasia.net) in the following slots (Central Time)
8/31:7.45am & 6pm;
9/3: 9.25am & 6pm;
9/4: 7.45am & 6pm;
9/5: 9.25am & 6pm;
9/6: 7.45am & 6pm;
9/7: 9.25am & 6pm;
9/10: 9.25am & 6pm;
9/11: 7.45am & 6pm;
Also live discussion for few minutes about IV Rally on Saturday during immigration show at 3pm central
Sponsored by members of TX chapter of IV (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv) &
the Law offices of Sherin Thawer http://www.thawerlaw.com and TX chapter of IV
Wanna know the fastest way to get a GC with no strings attached?. Apply in EB1 under "Foreign nationals that are managers and executives subject to international transfer to the United States". Here are the steps
1) Work as a Manager/CEO/CFO in India (or) any other country for 2 years with a company that has a branch in US.
2) Get tranferred to US branch of the company with the same designation and command a salary matching the prevailing wage for Manager/CEO/CFO at that location.
3) You are all set to apply in EB1.
Instead of spending hundreds of thousands on lobbying, we can just buy a piece of land somewhere (big enough to have a passport office building), get immediate citizenship in our new country and then USCIS will be able to process our GC applications within a year.
Someone from Taiwan (and smaller neighboring countries) can get GC in 1 year but if you're from China you will wait 6-10 years. I am not sure of how much cultural differences exist between these two countries, all I know is that my Taiwanese friend speaks Chinese, goes to Chinese church. So much for diversity.
So.. if anyone has the info on how to register a new country, I'd like to know.
Sorry, its the wee hours and I just felt like posting this. Please close thread as and when desired.
Sidenote: Hear IV Rally announcement on Dallas Radio www.funasia.net (http://www.funasia.net) in the following slots (Central Time)
8/31:7.45am & 6pm;
9/3: 9.25am & 6pm;
9/4: 7.45am & 6pm;
9/5: 9.25am & 6pm;
9/6: 7.45am & 6pm;
9/7: 9.25am & 6pm;
9/10: 9.25am & 6pm;
9/11: 7.45am & 6pm;
Also live discussion for few minutes about IV Rally on Saturday during immigration show at 3pm central
Sponsored by members of TX chapter of IV (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv) &
the Law offices of Sherin Thawer http://www.thawerlaw.com and TX chapter of IV
Wanna know the fastest way to get a GC with no strings attached?. Apply in EB1 under "Foreign nationals that are managers and executives subject to international transfer to the United States". Here are the steps
1) Work as a Manager/CEO/CFO in India (or) any other country for 2 years with a company that has a branch in US.
2) Get tranferred to US branch of the company with the same designation and command a salary matching the prevailing wage for Manager/CEO/CFO at that location.
3) You are all set to apply in EB1.
hot Bruce Springsteen - Born in
bugmenot
04-10 08:10 PM
THere are restrictions on applying H1B via multiple employers. THe candidate will be rejected outright. Read the recent guidance on the USCIS website. So hopefully we will not see multiple applications for the same person this year.
no ur confused, it was a restriction on multiple petitions by the same employer ,single petitions by multiple employer is legal and now abused , unfortunately
no ur confused, it was a restriction on multiple petitions by the same employer ,single petitions by multiple employer is legal and now abused , unfortunately
more...
house Born in the U.S.A. Tour.
bazuka6
09-01 11:41 AM
I-140 and I-485 are always for future employment. Current employment only assures that employer has future permanent employment on your GC approval (employment on H1 is supposed to be temporary). There is nothing to stop you from working anywhere (or not working at all) until you get GC, at which time sponsoring employer is obligated to give you a job (for which he got LC and I-140 approved), and you are obligated to work for him. If AOS is not approved within 180 days, AC21 can be applied leaving no obligation to work for sponsoring employer.
BTW, I-140 is an employer filing. They are expected to pay for it. Since July 07 it is illegal for employers to ask employees to pay immigration related fees (or ask to fill a bond to work for certain period).
You may not use AC-21 AOS portability for future employment green cards. This is because the start date of employment on your AC-21 letter(from I assume your current employer) should be 180 days after filing of your future employment 485. Since you have been working for your current employer prior to that - USCIS will deny your 485
BTW, I-140 is an employer filing. They are expected to pay for it. Since July 07 it is illegal for employers to ask employees to pay immigration related fees (or ask to fill a bond to work for certain period).
You may not use AC-21 AOS portability for future employment green cards. This is because the start date of employment on your AC-21 letter(from I assume your current employer) should be 180 days after filing of your future employment 485. Since you have been working for your current employer prior to that - USCIS will deny your 485
tattoo Two will feature Born in the
hopefulgc
08-30 07:36 AM
Not illegal if you are also present in the recording.
- son of a lawyer... not a lawyer myself.
Isnt recording conversations without the consent illegal? :confused:
- son of a lawyer... not a lawyer myself.
Isnt recording conversations without the consent illegal? :confused:
more...
pictures Bruce Springsteen 1984/85 Born in the USA Tour Book SF1 | eBay
priti8888
02-18 06:19 PM
Maintaining legal visa status is not considered a deductible employee business expense. The IRS considers this as a personal expenditure
http://www.neidhartcpa.com/deduct.html
Medical expenses may be deductible but it won't exceed 7.5 % of your AGI so eventually it wont be deductible.
http://www.neidhartcpa.com/deduct.html
Medical expenses may be deductible but it won't exceed 7.5 % of your AGI so eventually it wont be deductible.
dresses Bruce Springsteen Born In The
regacct
11-12 11:03 AM
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - Immigration Wiki (http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/FREQUENTLY_ASKED_QUESTIONS)
Find answers to your questions Sect 15: Converting categories/statuses
Find answers to your questions Sect 15: Converting categories/statuses
more...
makeup Bruce Springsteen Rare CD Set
gsc999
01-24 11:06 PM
Hello Nor. Cal,
If we don't get going, I am afraid that we will not be able to achieve our objective, your objective.
A few motivated people can only go so far. It is unfair to think that your time is more precious than any other volunteer's time. You just might be surprised to learn from us how busy we ourselves are.
Please stand up for your rights. Don't take this campaign for granted.
If we don't get going, I am afraid that we will not be able to achieve our objective, your objective.
A few motivated people can only go so far. It is unfair to think that your time is more precious than any other volunteer's time. You just might be surprised to learn from us how busy we ourselves are.
Please stand up for your rights. Don't take this campaign for granted.
girlfriend MAGIC TOUR 2008
seahawks
11-04 01:26 AM
non compete will not allow to work with the same client through a different consulting company.
hairstyles Born In The U.S.A. Bruce
AfghanPremi
12-08 12:24 AM
Yes!
You will be fine, i am on H1 and doing my MS part time!!
You will be fine, i am on H1 and doing my MS part time!!
gccovet
05-08 02:31 PM
:confused:
I am changing job and moving to EAD from h1b. My 140 is approved and 485 has been pending more than 180 days. I am in EB2 category.
Question 1 - New employer wants to inform USCIS about job change and I dont want to do so as it just might delay AOS process? suggestions/thoughsts?
Question 2 - New employer wants to apply for EAD and AP via corporate attorney and I prefer that my attorney do that but if i will have no choice I will have to give up BUT can corporate lawyers apply for my EAD and AP without me changing my legal rep with USCIS?
Question 3 - The job title was "Sr Systems Analyst" and now it would be "System Quality Analyst 5" 5 is the highest level in this company after which it goes to Tech. Manager. I dont see issue with the title...do you see any issue? (job description are similar-I would say about 70%)
Question 4 - Salary at the time of filing 140 was 60k offered for the Sr. System Analyst position and now with the new job is 100k. Can that be a problem?
Hi, I am not an expert, quoting from things I have read in the past.
Ans 1: Notifying or not notifying about job change should not delay AOS process. It might help that you might not get a RFE. People on IV and RK forum have mixed views on this. Some choose to notify some do not. In case you do not notify, you might get an RFE asking for pay stub and current company. I know Shila Murthy and some other lawyers prefer to notify.
Ans 2: Your corporate lawyer can apply, they will have to get a G28 filled out and signed from you.
Ans 3: As of now, using AC21, job title is not a problem at all. What matters is, job description, should be same or similar (definition on same/similar not clear yet- may be very soon). If the job description is very similar then it should not be a problem.
Ans 4: If salary is more then it is not a problem, should not be less then specified in I-140/LC.
Again, I don't consider myself an expert. so take this with a pinch of salt.
Good luck.
GCCovet
I am changing job and moving to EAD from h1b. My 140 is approved and 485 has been pending more than 180 days. I am in EB2 category.
Question 1 - New employer wants to inform USCIS about job change and I dont want to do so as it just might delay AOS process? suggestions/thoughsts?
Question 2 - New employer wants to apply for EAD and AP via corporate attorney and I prefer that my attorney do that but if i will have no choice I will have to give up BUT can corporate lawyers apply for my EAD and AP without me changing my legal rep with USCIS?
Question 3 - The job title was "Sr Systems Analyst" and now it would be "System Quality Analyst 5" 5 is the highest level in this company after which it goes to Tech. Manager. I dont see issue with the title...do you see any issue? (job description are similar-I would say about 70%)
Question 4 - Salary at the time of filing 140 was 60k offered for the Sr. System Analyst position and now with the new job is 100k. Can that be a problem?
Hi, I am not an expert, quoting from things I have read in the past.
Ans 1: Notifying or not notifying about job change should not delay AOS process. It might help that you might not get a RFE. People on IV and RK forum have mixed views on this. Some choose to notify some do not. In case you do not notify, you might get an RFE asking for pay stub and current company. I know Shila Murthy and some other lawyers prefer to notify.
Ans 2: Your corporate lawyer can apply, they will have to get a G28 filled out and signed from you.
Ans 3: As of now, using AC21, job title is not a problem at all. What matters is, job description, should be same or similar (definition on same/similar not clear yet- may be very soon). If the job description is very similar then it should not be a problem.
Ans 4: If salary is more then it is not a problem, should not be less then specified in I-140/LC.
Again, I don't consider myself an expert. so take this with a pinch of salt.
Good luck.
GCCovet
santosh19
10-31 02:08 PM
What confuses me is or are you saying that calfornia service center no more process the H1-B extension. But when you go to processing time in USCIS website it still shows you that they process H1-B extension
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=CSC
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=CSC
No comments:
Post a Comment