
chakdepatte
11-26 11:27 PM
hey Waiting Game,
the consulate in mumbai is in a very expensive area called 'breach candy' its like the beverly hills in CA.
however, u may get decent stay outside 'Dadar' or 'bombay central' railway station. these are close to the consulate but since u have a morning hour commute towards downtown mumbai, it will take at least 30-45 minutes. so give urself adequate time. avoid 'bandra', churchgate, grant road areas.
if u just need to spend the nite, u can spend it on the airport.
let know if any questions and wish u all the best.
the consulate in mumbai is in a very expensive area called 'breach candy' its like the beverly hills in CA.
however, u may get decent stay outside 'Dadar' or 'bombay central' railway station. these are close to the consulate but since u have a morning hour commute towards downtown mumbai, it will take at least 30-45 minutes. so give urself adequate time. avoid 'bandra', churchgate, grant road areas.
if u just need to spend the nite, u can spend it on the airport.
let know if any questions and wish u all the best.
wallpaper nissan x-trail repair manual
sparklinks
09-23 09:09 AM
Did anyone get reply/response from this after emailing ?
alterego
10-19 08:15 PM
Buy only if you have a time horizon of over 5 yrs now. Preferably 10 yrs.
If you are in the enviable position of having a lot of cash or a big income ie cash flow. Then buy in steps every few months over the next 12-18 months, depending on when you see the recovery coming. Generally stocks predate the economy by 6 months and vice versa.
Here is my guess. This recession will be deeper and longer than other recent ones. I'm thinking recovery by 2010 at best here. So, I'm guessing the stocks markets will languish here or hereabouts for atleast a few months. If the credit markets improve, you might see a relief rally of 20% or so, but when the economic reality of deleveraging sets in, a pull back is likely. So much of 2009 will likely be ripe with long term investment opportunities.
The recovery will be more anemic than previous credit driven expansions as credit will almost certainly be more difficult to obtain going forward. So forget the days of 20 plus percent stocks gains, if you're making 10% you are making a killing going forward. If doubling or slightly better for your money in 10 yrs sounds like a good deal to you, that is the kind of deal you can probably expect and should go ahead and invest. If you feel you can do better elsewhere, buy that. We will see virtually no home price appreciation for the next 5 yrs, and perhaps a little longer. The concept of real estate as an investment is now out of vogue and will be so for some time, that along with tougher credit, and an inventory overhang will flatten any price appreciation anytime soon.
Taxes will almost certainly go up in some way or the other and future earnings power will probably erode in the coming decade. From the immigrant community perspective the best we can hope for is that the US decides to use the tax code to encourage savings by switching to a consumption tax and encourage savings and investments. It remains to be seen what approach they will take to taxes. In my view to purely tax the rich will not be as successful (though it will almost certainly be part of the mix of measures) as a more comprehensive and thoughtful overhaul.
Good luck!
If you are in the enviable position of having a lot of cash or a big income ie cash flow. Then buy in steps every few months over the next 12-18 months, depending on when you see the recovery coming. Generally stocks predate the economy by 6 months and vice versa.
Here is my guess. This recession will be deeper and longer than other recent ones. I'm thinking recovery by 2010 at best here. So, I'm guessing the stocks markets will languish here or hereabouts for atleast a few months. If the credit markets improve, you might see a relief rally of 20% or so, but when the economic reality of deleveraging sets in, a pull back is likely. So much of 2009 will likely be ripe with long term investment opportunities.
The recovery will be more anemic than previous credit driven expansions as credit will almost certainly be more difficult to obtain going forward. So forget the days of 20 plus percent stocks gains, if you're making 10% you are making a killing going forward. If doubling or slightly better for your money in 10 yrs sounds like a good deal to you, that is the kind of deal you can probably expect and should go ahead and invest. If you feel you can do better elsewhere, buy that. We will see virtually no home price appreciation for the next 5 yrs, and perhaps a little longer. The concept of real estate as an investment is now out of vogue and will be so for some time, that along with tougher credit, and an inventory overhang will flatten any price appreciation anytime soon.
Taxes will almost certainly go up in some way or the other and future earnings power will probably erode in the coming decade. From the immigrant community perspective the best we can hope for is that the US decides to use the tax code to encourage savings by switching to a consumption tax and encourage savings and investments. It remains to be seen what approach they will take to taxes. In my view to purely tax the rich will not be as successful (though it will almost certainly be part of the mix of measures) as a more comprehensive and thoughtful overhaul.
Good luck!
2011 Nissan X-Trail#39;s exterior
xgoogle
08-20 01:48 PM
I just called USCIS and according to the person I spoke with, it takes approximately 30 days from the date of approval of primary applicant for approval of dependents.
I doubt if that is the case. I know people where the whole family got it.
Also check out this other thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=279578&posted=1#post279578
I doubt if that is the case. I know people where the whole family got it.
Also check out this other thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=279578&posted=1#post279578
more...
Appu
04-02 12:40 AM
You guys probably verified this already but -
if you read (the intended) Sec 218D (amendment to the INA) and Sec 602 of S.2454, they do not exclude legal aliens.
All that is required under 218D is that a person must have been in the US on or before Jan 7, 2004 and have proof of employment.
Why shouldn't a legal nonimmigrant visa holder apply for AOS under 218D?
What am I missing here?
if you read (the intended) Sec 218D (amendment to the INA) and Sec 602 of S.2454, they do not exclude legal aliens.
All that is required under 218D is that a person must have been in the US on or before Jan 7, 2004 and have proof of employment.
Why shouldn't a legal nonimmigrant visa holder apply for AOS under 218D?
What am I missing here?
oldporkchops
07-29 04:00 AM
Hi there,
IV seems to be a terrific service to the immigration community. Kudos to the people who work hard to make it work.
Has anyone heard of cases where immigration lawyers have successfully petitioned on behalf of parents of a US baby (way before the age of 18) to become GC holders or citizens?
IV seems to be a terrific service to the immigration community. Kudos to the people who work hard to make it work.
Has anyone heard of cases where immigration lawyers have successfully petitioned on behalf of parents of a US baby (way before the age of 18) to become GC holders or citizens?
more...
meridiani.planum
02-01 05:23 AM
thanks for the reply..this means having a dependent visa is the key at the time of approval..
if the application was approved and the wife was on h4 (but didnot file her i485 yet..) then she could still file for her i485?
yes. if your wife was on H4, as soon as your 485 is approved, her H4 ends. However since your 485 is getting approved, your PD is presumably current meaning she is eligible to immediately file 485, and get to that as a legal status. If she has a dependent visa approved, and has travelled here thats nice, otherwise she has to file a 485 from your home country as a follow-to-join and htat can take some time for her to travel here.
There is no 6 month grace period as such. Its just that upto 6 months of out-of-status is forgiven at 485 approval, and since on your 485 approval your H1 ends and so does her h4, it makes her status-less here. Being in that state upto 6 months is forgiven for 485.
Its most important that you get married before the approval of your 485. Do court-marriage if your PD is current, to be on the safe side, even if the actual ceremony is still a month or two away. When to honeymoon is upto you. Cant let USCIS decide EVERYTHING, can we...
if the application was approved and the wife was on h4 (but didnot file her i485 yet..) then she could still file for her i485?
yes. if your wife was on H4, as soon as your 485 is approved, her H4 ends. However since your 485 is getting approved, your PD is presumably current meaning she is eligible to immediately file 485, and get to that as a legal status. If she has a dependent visa approved, and has travelled here thats nice, otherwise she has to file a 485 from your home country as a follow-to-join and htat can take some time for her to travel here.
There is no 6 month grace period as such. Its just that upto 6 months of out-of-status is forgiven at 485 approval, and since on your 485 approval your H1 ends and so does her h4, it makes her status-less here. Being in that state upto 6 months is forgiven for 485.
Its most important that you get married before the approval of your 485. Do court-marriage if your PD is current, to be on the safe side, even if the actual ceremony is still a month or two away. When to honeymoon is upto you. Cant let USCIS decide EVERYTHING, can we...
2010 Overview of the X-TRAIL FCV
rongha_2000
10-02 11:07 AM
I have briefly searched the forums and could not find a related post hence starting a new thread. If the answer already is on any other post, please point me to it and delete this thread.
***********
Question: I am on H1 and, my wife and daughter are on H4. I have applied for EAD for both me and my wife and AP for all 3 of us. My question is "Do I need to maintain my H1 status so that my daughter can stay in US?" If I (and my wife too) switch to EAD, what status will my daughter be in? As I understand "Pending Adjustment" is not a status so how can my daughter stay in US legally if I switch to EAD.
Any response is highly appreciated.
***********
Question: I am on H1 and, my wife and daughter are on H4. I have applied for EAD for both me and my wife and AP for all 3 of us. My question is "Do I need to maintain my H1 status so that my daughter can stay in US?" If I (and my wife too) switch to EAD, what status will my daughter be in? As I understand "Pending Adjustment" is not a status so how can my daughter stay in US legally if I switch to EAD.
Any response is highly appreciated.
more...
raj2007
06-17 02:32 AM
I am planning to apply for both Canadian Permanent Residency and US green card next month. Assuming that I get my Canadian Permanent Residency and US Greencard after two years, what options do I have to maintain the permanent resident status in both countries, so that I am eligible to apply for citizenship in both countries.
Some say that showing proof of residence in both countries, commuting between the countries for work (Windsor-Canada and Detroit-US) and paying taxes in both countries would suffice.
Please guide me on this.
How can you ride on 2 horses?:)
Canada needs 3yr PR for citizenship while US needs 5. I feel it wil be issue while border crossing. US is very strict and they may take GC away.Take canadian citizenship first and then apply here. Thay way you can have both.
Some say that showing proof of residence in both countries, commuting between the countries for work (Windsor-Canada and Detroit-US) and paying taxes in both countries would suffice.
Please guide me on this.
How can you ride on 2 horses?:)
Canada needs 3yr PR for citizenship while US needs 5. I feel it wil be issue while border crossing. US is very strict and they may take GC away.Take canadian citizenship first and then apply here. Thay way you can have both.
hair 2002 Nissan X-Trail
a_yaja
02-17 09:32 AM
I have a couple of questions:
1. In the AP application form, there is a question on when you intend to travel. What should I enter there when I am only applying for some future travel and am not sure about the dates?
2. I had worked on OPT after my graduation before switching to H1 visa. So when I apply for EAD now, should I apply as a renewal applicant or a new applicant? Is OPT the same as EAD?
thanks.
I mentioned the following:
"Need to visit family in home country from time to time given the long adjudication process for I-485"
For date of travel, I put down a date approximately one month from the date of application (my thinking was that if travel date was sufficiently near, then the AP would be approved sooner - and I did get my AP approved in 22 days - not sure if it was because of the travel date - but it might have helped).
1. In the AP application form, there is a question on when you intend to travel. What should I enter there when I am only applying for some future travel and am not sure about the dates?
2. I had worked on OPT after my graduation before switching to H1 visa. So when I apply for EAD now, should I apply as a renewal applicant or a new applicant? Is OPT the same as EAD?
thanks.
I mentioned the following:
"Need to visit family in home country from time to time given the long adjudication process for I-485"
For date of travel, I put down a date approximately one month from the date of application (my thinking was that if travel date was sufficiently near, then the AP would be approved sooner - and I did get my AP approved in 22 days - not sure if it was because of the travel date - but it might have helped).
more...
mbartosik
03-24 01:52 PM
audio streaming archives are available 1 to 2 hours after the show. Check here http://wamu.org/programs/kn/08/03/24.php#20155.
Our segment was about 40 minutes in. My web streamer won't allow fast forward, don't know if limitation is the client or the server. Robert and Ron go through the standard Pro / Anti H1B arguments for the first 40 minutes. I didn't want to be part of that.
I hate listening to my own voice, thanks for the complements, it will make listening to my own voice less cringing.
Our segment was about 40 minutes in. My web streamer won't allow fast forward, don't know if limitation is the client or the server. Robert and Ron go through the standard Pro / Anti H1B arguments for the first 40 minutes. I didn't want to be part of that.
I hate listening to my own voice, thanks for the complements, it will make listening to my own voice less cringing.
hot Nissan X-Trail Car Interior
YesGC_NoGC
06-20 01:34 PM
Yes I do agree with you to move on without worry!! As I mentioned that I had made up my mind to accept the position and skip informing USCIS as i read at some places , that it is optional to inform.
However The Immigration guys (from the prospective employer) saiid that DOL may not like the word "MANAGER" in my case and this can cause issues at later point of time. And They have policy to send letter to USCIS.
I am looking at looking at options...let's see what is the outcome.
Thanks
Guys: I have invoked my AC21 and am a consultant PM though my LC mentions "Programmer/Analyst". I came to this country because it is a land of opportunity and have been in the US for over 9 years now. I can't let this stupid AC21 provisions of "Same or Similar occupation" scepter of fear stop me from moving forward.
I'm also looking for a Full-time job as a Manager and if I get it I intend on taking it in a heart-beat without worrying about the consequences. Hey, it's not like I'm doing something illegal but merely exercising my due growth in my career. So, I'm moving on and if something bad were to happen like a NOID or a RFE, I'm ready to pack my bags back home with a satisfaction that I was atleast in the driver's seat.
My 2 cents but please do what is right for you.
However The Immigration guys (from the prospective employer) saiid that DOL may not like the word "MANAGER" in my case and this can cause issues at later point of time. And They have policy to send letter to USCIS.
I am looking at looking at options...let's see what is the outcome.
Thanks
Guys: I have invoked my AC21 and am a consultant PM though my LC mentions "Programmer/Analyst". I came to this country because it is a land of opportunity and have been in the US for over 9 years now. I can't let this stupid AC21 provisions of "Same or Similar occupation" scepter of fear stop me from moving forward.
I'm also looking for a Full-time job as a Manager and if I get it I intend on taking it in a heart-beat without worrying about the consequences. Hey, it's not like I'm doing something illegal but merely exercising my due growth in my career. So, I'm moving on and if something bad were to happen like a NOID or a RFE, I'm ready to pack my bags back home with a satisfaction that I was atleast in the driver's seat.
My 2 cents but please do what is right for you.
more...
house X-Trail 2.0GT interior
dreamworld
01-25 04:43 PM
I live and take bart from fremont. let us know time and day or days of this event. I will plan to stop by or stop for hours to help IV friends.
tattoo hairstyles Nissan X Trail 2009
srikondoji
01-28 04:38 PM
I don't think Americans are that short sighted or narrow minded to want to steal your social security money. I know, i read a lot of press releases on how their social security is in a mess. They will fix it. I have no doubt about it.
Who thought India would be in such a limelight and then go on to be economic power before year 2000?
In a short span of 6-7 years the whole world changed. Coming to social security, by the time you will be in need of Social security, it will be decades and that is lot of time for a change. Who knows, we may be even taking a flight to Mars or worse 'nuked'.
Just be positive and drink a high gravity beer.
Yeah right... he wants your brain, but does not want your body. Got it? :rolleyes:
In case you did not, Americans only want you to come to work for them and then you will need to leave... so that they do not have to pay your social security down the road. Isn't that a good deal?
Who thought India would be in such a limelight and then go on to be economic power before year 2000?
In a short span of 6-7 years the whole world changed. Coming to social security, by the time you will be in need of Social security, it will be decades and that is lot of time for a change. Who knows, we may be even taking a flight to Mars or worse 'nuked'.
Just be positive and drink a high gravity beer.
Yeah right... he wants your brain, but does not want your body. Got it? :rolleyes:
In case you did not, Americans only want you to come to work for them and then you will need to leave... so that they do not have to pay your social security down the road. Isn't that a good deal?
more...
pictures X-Trail отличается от Кашкая
perm2gc
09-14 12:35 AM
I have an emergency to go to India to take care of my sickly mom and I need to return back to work on July first. I am also trying to get emergency appointment. I couldnt. Could you please suggest the way I can get emergency appointment in any of the consulate. You can get appointment in any consulate in india for VISA revalidation.You can call them and collect more information.
https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx
https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx
dresses New Nissan X-Trail Interior
pmat
02-15 11:20 AM
There are 2 kinds of posts...(1) Which add value to the forum. Threads started for 401K, selecting a lawyer etc add value since they attract new members. (2) The second kind of posts are the ones initiated by people who want to ask questions. This questions tend to be serving individuals.
I think we should not restrict the first type of posts. There could some kind of charge on the second kind. One suggestion which may work is as follows
1. Only paying members can initiate threads(or may be allow the first few for free ). Exceptions can be permitted by admins who can review if a post could be useful.
2. Anyone can post answers to existing threads.
By the way I am not sure of the technical aspect of the website operations. So please bear with me if my post reflects the same.
Don't think that it would work... people will start asking questions in existing threads instead of initiating new threads for questions. So the number of irrelevant posts in threads will increase. I can't think of any way by which it can be enforced. Also, people who don't want to pay any money will easily find other free sites to ask their questions.
I think we should not restrict the first type of posts. There could some kind of charge on the second kind. One suggestion which may work is as follows
1. Only paying members can initiate threads(or may be allow the first few for free ). Exceptions can be permitted by admins who can review if a post could be useful.
2. Anyone can post answers to existing threads.
By the way I am not sure of the technical aspect of the website operations. So please bear with me if my post reflects the same.
Don't think that it would work... people will start asking questions in existing threads instead of initiating new threads for questions. So the number of irrelevant posts in threads will increase. I can't think of any way by which it can be enforced. Also, people who don't want to pay any money will easily find other free sites to ask their questions.
more...
makeup Images and Pictures of Nissan X Trail - Interior and Exterior X Trail Pics
maristella61
02-27 09:28 AM
If you have filed for I-485 and you have your receipt # (starting with LIN) and you have a copy of the encashed check or the proof of the financial transaction (could be you, your employer or lawyer) and the online status says I-485 Adjustment of Status pending, then you have nothing to worry about. If you had moved or changed your address it may have been misplaced. But you have nothing to worry about if the checks are cashed and you have the Receipt #.
You mention receipt number starting with LIN ,I have a receipt number starting with SRC . Anyone know the difference ,if there is one ?
thanks
You mention receipt number starting with LIN ,I have a receipt number starting with SRC . Anyone know the difference ,if there is one ?
thanks
girlfriend Nissan X trail interior. Vehicle available for hire in South Africa from
paskal
12-26 02:58 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
hairstyles Nissan X-Trail 3rd Row Seat
wellwishergc
07-14 08:49 AM
The pressure will be for H1B provisions. I am not sure, if anyone else, except for us who are caught up in retrogression, cares for GC provisions.
what it means is - we need to work harder, utilize lobbying pressure to get all the current provisions in the SKIL Bill cleared.
this probably the best info out there. There is industry pressure, bi partisan support, approval from the senate. just a matter of time.
what it means is - we need to work harder, utilize lobbying pressure to get all the current provisions in the SKIL Bill cleared.
this probably the best info out there. There is industry pressure, bi partisan support, approval from the senate. just a matter of time.
theOne
09-05 03:43 PM
I have GC for about a month now. I plan on taking up Corp-to-Corp, Independent, 1099 and W2 contracts. For corp-to-corp contracts I would like to incorporate a company if I can save on taxes over the 1099 contracts. I am also
in the process of engaging a CPA. Do you advise incorpating a LLC or S-Corp or a C-corp ?
Thanks,
theOne
in the process of engaging a CPA. Do you advise incorpating a LLC or S-Corp or a C-corp ?
Thanks,
theOne
ras
10-21 03:22 PM
Hi, I am in the same boat as you. Can you please provide your experience with filing the future employment I-485 and if AC21 is possible.
My question is: Can you continue to work for employer B while employer A files future employment I-485 and can we use AC-21 after 180 days without being employed with employer A?
Curious to know...
My question is: Can you continue to work for employer B while employer A files future employment I-485 and can we use AC-21 after 180 days without being employed with employer A?
Curious to know...
No comments:
Post a Comment