gc_check
09-08 05:06 PM
Yes, A colleague case is similar to yours. Got his "Welcome" mail via USPS, Online status still show as pending, but only difference, his case is EB3, not EB2. I-485 filed during the July rush, both the primary applicant and the spouse got the welcome notice via USPS mail. LUD seems to be in August sometime. The online status is not really reliable. Still shows as case received and pending. PD is July '04. He is not sure, and his consulting his attorney, if any action required on his side. Not sure, this is a exception or more cases like this.
wallpaper 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Side
days_go_by
08-23 10:52 PM
180K per BEC and 2 of them so 360K cases overall.
pappu
10-01 12:21 PM
I suggest reading the documents uploaded here.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5049
I will be uploading some more documents related to I485 processing later today
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5049
I will be uploading some more documents related to I485 processing later today
2011 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ad
fundo14
02-19 12:36 PM
Hi All,
I wanted to share my experience at the port of entry using AP.
Just to give a quick background me and my wife have been working on H1 for last 8 years, we both were working on our H1’s at the time of leaving for vacation one month back.
Our 485/EAD/AP was filed on July 2nd, 2007; my wife is a Primary Applicant.
We have our 485 receipts/ approved EAD’s and AP’s with us.
Also, our H1 Petition’s are valid till 2010 but the stamping on passport is expired, we did not get stamping in India as we intended to enter using AP
At the Port of entry this is how it went:
Officer: Very rudely asked for our passports & I-94
We gave him our Passports, I-94 forms and Original AP’s
Officer: What’s the purpose of your visit?
Our Answer: To join back at our respective work.
Officer: Work? Who’s the primary applicant?
My answer: My wife
Officer: Then how the hell you will work here, you cannot work here, only your wife can work as the petition is on her name, you are a derivative.
My answer: But I have work Authorization (showed our EAD cards)
Officer: That’s all bullhshit, does not mean anything…you can not work here.
My answer: I politely told him that sir when we left country a month ago we both were working on H1’s, now we are seeking entry on AP.
Officer: yeh but don’t do fraud, you cannot work here (Very rudely)...who told you that you can work here.
My Answer: Again I explained politely- Sir, we filed for 485 which made us eligible to get EAD’s, showed him the EAD card again (which clearly states “Authorized to work in US till validity of this card” Our EAD’s are valid till end of 2008)
Officer: listen don’t teach me law, I have been working here for “x” number of years, and you think you know laws better than me.
After this I and my wife decided to keep quite as that moron was not ready to listen and understand anything.
Officer (rudely): I will set this straight for you…then we were asked to follow him in a separate room. Many people were waiting there I guess most of them using AP
The Officer went to one other custom officer there and pointed towards us and explained him something which we could not hear.
We waited � an hour till our named was called…I was worried that they will now create lot problems for us but to my surprise we were just handed our Passports along with AP’s / I-94 stamped as “AOS” and told you are all set... Absolutely No questions asked.
I am worried if he has entered some nasty remarks on my case…not sure.
Now this entire incident makes me wonder what that officer was talking about, my guess is one of the following:
1. He assumed throughout that my wife is entering on H1 and I on H4
2. Or he did realize his mistake but was too egoistic to accept it.
3. Or he was right and I was wrong about working on EAD (being derivative)...am I missing something here??
One of my suggestion from all this experience is that anybody entering on AP always state the purpose of visit is to “Resume pending AOS”
In last 8 years I have re-entered US like 6 times but never faced such a rude Immigration officer or have been treated like this.
Guru’s please advice if there is a possibility to reinstate our status as H1, we would rather work on H1 then on EAD’s
Thanks!
I wanted to share my experience at the port of entry using AP.
Just to give a quick background me and my wife have been working on H1 for last 8 years, we both were working on our H1’s at the time of leaving for vacation one month back.
Our 485/EAD/AP was filed on July 2nd, 2007; my wife is a Primary Applicant.
We have our 485 receipts/ approved EAD’s and AP’s with us.
Also, our H1 Petition’s are valid till 2010 but the stamping on passport is expired, we did not get stamping in India as we intended to enter using AP
At the Port of entry this is how it went:
Officer: Very rudely asked for our passports & I-94
We gave him our Passports, I-94 forms and Original AP’s
Officer: What’s the purpose of your visit?
Our Answer: To join back at our respective work.
Officer: Work? Who’s the primary applicant?
My answer: My wife
Officer: Then how the hell you will work here, you cannot work here, only your wife can work as the petition is on her name, you are a derivative.
My answer: But I have work Authorization (showed our EAD cards)
Officer: That’s all bullhshit, does not mean anything…you can not work here.
My answer: I politely told him that sir when we left country a month ago we both were working on H1’s, now we are seeking entry on AP.
Officer: yeh but don’t do fraud, you cannot work here (Very rudely)...who told you that you can work here.
My Answer: Again I explained politely- Sir, we filed for 485 which made us eligible to get EAD’s, showed him the EAD card again (which clearly states “Authorized to work in US till validity of this card” Our EAD’s are valid till end of 2008)
Officer: listen don’t teach me law, I have been working here for “x” number of years, and you think you know laws better than me.
After this I and my wife decided to keep quite as that moron was not ready to listen and understand anything.
Officer (rudely): I will set this straight for you…then we were asked to follow him in a separate room. Many people were waiting there I guess most of them using AP
The Officer went to one other custom officer there and pointed towards us and explained him something which we could not hear.
We waited � an hour till our named was called…I was worried that they will now create lot problems for us but to my surprise we were just handed our Passports along with AP’s / I-94 stamped as “AOS” and told you are all set... Absolutely No questions asked.
I am worried if he has entered some nasty remarks on my case…not sure.
Now this entire incident makes me wonder what that officer was talking about, my guess is one of the following:
1. He assumed throughout that my wife is entering on H1 and I on H4
2. Or he did realize his mistake but was too egoistic to accept it.
3. Or he was right and I was wrong about working on EAD (being derivative)...am I missing something here??
One of my suggestion from all this experience is that anybody entering on AP always state the purpose of visit is to “Resume pending AOS”
In last 8 years I have re-entered US like 6 times but never faced such a rude Immigration officer or have been treated like this.
Guru’s please advice if there is a possibility to reinstate our status as H1, we would rather work on H1 then on EAD’s
Thanks!
more...
ArunAntonio
02-20 07:13 PM
I used the data from this webite to apply for FOIA for I-140
Can you please provide more info on the process of how get a copy of the I140 if the employer is unwilling to provide a copy.
Can you please provide more info on the process of how get a copy of the I140 if the employer is unwilling to provide a copy.
nviren
04-13 07:58 PM
The following doc, 'How the senate bill becomes a law' does not mention any waiting period after President's sign the bill to become a law
http://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/legprocessflowchart.pdf
http://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/legprocessflowchart.pdf
more...
cox
October 28th, 2005, 11:47 PM
The one with the red roses is a bit too shallow depth of field, both in the first one and the one posted later. It looks like you focused on the central/foreground rose, and the one at the back looks just a little bit too much (or too little) out of focus to me. I know it's not easy to do these things...
Thanks for the feedback, Mats. It may sound like an excuse, but the client actually wanted this. She brought a couple of Japanese catalogs as examples of these sorts of preserved flower arrangements, and they all tended to a shallow DoF, overexposed, soft look. For the arrangements, I didn't much care for the style, but for the single rose, I rather liked the result.
I convinced her that having some sharp detail was good, but she really liked the shallow, overexposed look. Hence the light colored backgrounds in most of the shots, and a central blossom. I am rather glad of that, since, when left to myself, I was having a devil of a time trying to get a DoF that kept the subject sharp, and put the background OoF. I think I need a bigger "studio" next time (instead of my dining table...).
OTOH, maybe studio work isn't really for me...
Thanks for the feedback, Mats. It may sound like an excuse, but the client actually wanted this. She brought a couple of Japanese catalogs as examples of these sorts of preserved flower arrangements, and they all tended to a shallow DoF, overexposed, soft look. For the arrangements, I didn't much care for the style, but for the single rose, I rather liked the result.
I convinced her that having some sharp detail was good, but she really liked the shallow, overexposed look. Hence the light colored backgrounds in most of the shots, and a central blossom. I am rather glad of that, since, when left to myself, I was having a devil of a time trying to get a DoF that kept the subject sharp, and put the background OoF. I think I need a bigger "studio" next time (instead of my dining table...).
OTOH, maybe studio work isn't really for me...
2010 2011 jeep grand cherokee 010
sakuhito
07-24 02:33 AM
I think if you tell us what field you are in, perhaps someone can refer you to a company and tell you what company you might be able to work for which is non-profit.
more...
eb3retro
06-06 07:37 PM
Or you are going to be more scared and let these suckers suck you out more? The reason I am skeptical is, time to time we IVians receive these kind of posts all of a sudden and they vanish all of a sudden too. People like american desi give you all a fantastic response and my frustration is not knowing if you guys follow it. This is america for godsake and there are laws protecting the employee from these so called bodyshoppers who almost dont exist anymore. Partly the reason is because these suckers played so much of illegal things in the past, such as writing ridiculous contracts and preying on people like you. I even wonder how come people sign these contracts even in these days. Please take up american desi's advice and stand up for yourself and show your vendor that you are not scared of these things. and last but not the least, for your sake and for other people who may fall for this trap to this vendor, please do report them to department of labor.
Bottom line - pls dont come here for a quick response. We treat questions posted by others seriously and give meaningful and sincere reply. And on your end, please do what needs to be done.
Hi
I used to work to a client in Phx, got an interview request @ a financial firm in New york cleared it and vendor started processin' my H1 transfer. For the interview or for rellocation i wasn't paid anything. But before the start date bcoz of my credit report client rejected my offer.
But the vendor nuthin' in writing was the one who asked me to resign and bcoz of him was on bench for almost 2 1/2 months, now they say somewhere in the contract which says i have to repay all the expenses they spend on me which was close to $5000.
They sent an email sayin' i haven't provided the services to them from the start date indicated on the contract so have to repay them. Will i have to repay them jst bcoz i signed tht piece of the contract but i was rejected by the client, they said they won't try for new jobs i have to search myself as well they haven't paid me anything since they got my H1.
Do i stand any chance if i contact DOL or a lawyer not payin' them.
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
The contract that you signed is valid only if UBS and your vendor have a work order between them stating that you will be offering your services to UBS from such and such date. As you failed the background check, I assume that they never executed such a work order.
Your vendor is asking for trouble. They're supposed to pay you the prevailing wage from the day you started working with them until the termination of employment. Moreover termination of employment is applicable only if they notify USCIS to cancel your H1. In such a case they're supposed to provide a return flight ticket for you and your dependents.
Your employer obviously doesn't know the rules governing H1 and is trying to play scare tactics with you. All you need to do now is to find another employer and transfer your H1. Then file a complaint with DOL to recover the backwages for the period you were on bench.
Bottom line - pls dont come here for a quick response. We treat questions posted by others seriously and give meaningful and sincere reply. And on your end, please do what needs to be done.
Hi
I used to work to a client in Phx, got an interview request @ a financial firm in New york cleared it and vendor started processin' my H1 transfer. For the interview or for rellocation i wasn't paid anything. But before the start date bcoz of my credit report client rejected my offer.
But the vendor nuthin' in writing was the one who asked me to resign and bcoz of him was on bench for almost 2 1/2 months, now they say somewhere in the contract which says i have to repay all the expenses they spend on me which was close to $5000.
They sent an email sayin' i haven't provided the services to them from the start date indicated on the contract so have to repay them. Will i have to repay them jst bcoz i signed tht piece of the contract but i was rejected by the client, they said they won't try for new jobs i have to search myself as well they haven't paid me anything since they got my H1.
Do i stand any chance if i contact DOL or a lawyer not payin' them.
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
The contract that you signed is valid only if UBS and your vendor have a work order between them stating that you will be offering your services to UBS from such and such date. As you failed the background check, I assume that they never executed such a work order.
Your vendor is asking for trouble. They're supposed to pay you the prevailing wage from the day you started working with them until the termination of employment. Moreover termination of employment is applicable only if they notify USCIS to cancel your H1. In such a case they're supposed to provide a return flight ticket for you and your dependents.
Your employer obviously doesn't know the rules governing H1 and is trying to play scare tactics with you. All you need to do now is to find another employer and transfer your H1. Then file a complaint with DOL to recover the backwages for the period you were on bench.
hair Jeep Grand Cherokee Mineral
binadh
10-15 03:23 PM
Just gotta call from the lawyer's office. PERM is approved today after more than 15 months. :D
Still waiting for the physical letter to arrive -- We'll see how many more hurdles are there. I'm just glad that I don't have to deal with DOL.
Original filing - Jun 17th 07
Query response - Nov 2nd 07
Approved - today
Filed at Atlanta service center
EB2 ROW
Thanks.
Still waiting for the physical letter to arrive -- We'll see how many more hurdles are there. I'm just glad that I don't have to deal with DOL.
Original filing - Jun 17th 07
Query response - Nov 2nd 07
Approved - today
Filed at Atlanta service center
EB2 ROW
Thanks.
more...
rjgleason
October 27th, 2003, 06:13 AM
Great shot Don....I like that image a lot.
Some shots from yeasterday at and around the Delaware Water Gap:
http://www.pbase.com/image/22684252
http://www.pbase.com/image/22684661
Some shots from yeasterday at and around the Delaware Water Gap:
http://www.pbase.com/image/22684252
http://www.pbase.com/image/22684661
hot (2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee)
kartikiran
11-09 05:21 PM
Done.
I would have liked another field which asks how much money has been moved away from USA due to uncertainty with the wait for green card.
Personally, I wish I had parked my savings money in USA, but due to green card limbo I ended up moving all that money outside to another country to invest.
Only reason, I am not sure where my life would end without knowing an answer to my green card application.
I think this is a key point which is missing in the survey.
I would have liked another field which asks how much money has been moved away from USA due to uncertainty with the wait for green card.
Personally, I wish I had parked my savings money in USA, but due to green card limbo I ended up moving all that money outside to another country to invest.
Only reason, I am not sure where my life would end without knowing an answer to my green card application.
I think this is a key point which is missing in the survey.
more...
house 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
akkakarla
08-06 07:56 AM
They can be stressful but one should relax before going to AOS Interview.If one feels the attorney will help them it is better to take the attorney. But certain times the over enthuisatic attorney may mess the smooth going interview and never comes to terms with what we want them to tell.
Some additional tips:
(1) Always wear professional clothing(do not wear jeans and need not be suit either:D ) etc.
(2) Always take 4 extra photos with you.
(3) Make copies of all the documents everything and place them in order. Order the Original documents so that you can give the Officer the moment they ask instead of searching. Searching irritates the officer sometimes.
(4) Never Ever joke when he talks about the country's problems, terrorism,infrastructure,faith of people,quality of people living in other regions. We are there strictly to complete the AOS interview and get out of there. No one is asking us, our opinion what we feel about issues nor one appreciates talking about their fellow citizens,faith.THey take these things seriously even though it "MAY" not have effect on the I485 approval but still then it is totally unnecessary digging out hole for our burial.
(5) NEVER EVER Open your mouth and say something the officer never asked. Always answer to the questions they asked and give the documents they asked. Not a word more or less and not a document more or less. The more enthu we go for the more we dig ourselves in quicksand. Thumb Rule: If you have all the documentation you can go yourself. Moreover the attorney does not have a role to play and they sit like statue there and the questions are directed to us and we need to answer the questions.
Future Employement Tips:
(1) Always take the employment letters: (a) The offer letter dated when the Labor Certification is filed. (b) Offer letter that states continuing offer letter(dated the day before the interview or during the week). (c) A letter addressing to the immigration officer stating your job, salary, responsibilities.
(2) Take the current job employment with your Status eg. EAD or H1, your salary, role and responsiblities etc. ( they should be more or less same as the role and responsibilities in Labor Certificaion filed).
Some additional tips:
(1) Always wear professional clothing(do not wear jeans and need not be suit either:D ) etc.
(2) Always take 4 extra photos with you.
(3) Make copies of all the documents everything and place them in order. Order the Original documents so that you can give the Officer the moment they ask instead of searching. Searching irritates the officer sometimes.
(4) Never Ever joke when he talks about the country's problems, terrorism,infrastructure,faith of people,quality of people living in other regions. We are there strictly to complete the AOS interview and get out of there. No one is asking us, our opinion what we feel about issues nor one appreciates talking about their fellow citizens,faith.THey take these things seriously even though it "MAY" not have effect on the I485 approval but still then it is totally unnecessary digging out hole for our burial.
(5) NEVER EVER Open your mouth and say something the officer never asked. Always answer to the questions they asked and give the documents they asked. Not a word more or less and not a document more or less. The more enthu we go for the more we dig ourselves in quicksand. Thumb Rule: If you have all the documentation you can go yourself. Moreover the attorney does not have a role to play and they sit like statue there and the questions are directed to us and we need to answer the questions.
Future Employement Tips:
(1) Always take the employment letters: (a) The offer letter dated when the Labor Certification is filed. (b) Offer letter that states continuing offer letter(dated the day before the interview or during the week). (c) A letter addressing to the immigration officer stating your job, salary, responsibilities.
(2) Take the current job employment with your Status eg. EAD or H1, your salary, role and responsiblities etc. ( they should be more or less same as the role and responsibilities in Labor Certificaion filed).
tattoo Jeep Introduces 2011 Grand
rsdang
12-04 04:36 PM
Hope all is well there - I fly in there in 2 days.
more...
pictures 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Front
luckylavs
09-25 02:47 PM
Because there is little certainity about the Green card many people hesitating to buy houses. There is good chance that the housing market will definitly improve if the Green card waiting period decreases.
dresses 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee pub
jamesbond007
12-03 12:48 PM
Thanks for your advice guys, I have found a university which allows people to go on CPT from 1st semester itself. They charge $3000 for this arrangement (along with $2400 for 6 credit hours) and their MBA/MS program is weekend only classes. I expect to convert to F1 and work with my present employer on CPT upon the my H1B expiration in Sept' 09 (I don't want to recapture the 2 months in Indian vacation). Classes start in 1st week of Oct 2009. The worst part is my course load will be really heavy as I have to continue with my regular M.B.A coursework in my present university.
Check to make sure the CPT from that university does not have any conditions on the type of employment you can take under it. And also check the number of hours you can work under that CPT - fulltime/parttime?.
Check to make sure the CPT from that university does not have any conditions on the type of employment you can take under it. And also check the number of hours you can work under that CPT - fulltime/parttime?.
more...
makeup Jeep Grand Cherokee 2011
solaris27
02-18 12:17 PM
anything that is work related is tax deductable as per my CPA .
girlfriend 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
bluekayal
02-24 01:49 PM
Hi,your post gives me small hope but can you please tell whether i am eligible or not.?
I am on a H-4 visa and my mother is the H-1 holder.we recently applied for i-140 and got the recipt for it.can i apply for FAFSA..?
If you've used an AP to re-enter the country ..based on I-485 filing, you can apply for FAFSA.
I am on a H-4 visa and my mother is the H-1 holder.we recently applied for i-140 and got the recipt for it.can i apply for FAFSA..?
If you've used an AP to re-enter the country ..based on I-485 filing, you can apply for FAFSA.
hairstyles 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee spy
seeking_GC
07-18 08:13 PM
Hi,
I am in the same situation. I just got the tracking number from my lawyer for the fedex that he had sent on June 30 and he has sent it to Dallas . I live and work in California. I went through the Direct Filing press release and the USCIS link :
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=eb7b5cdc2c463110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
and now I am confused as to whether my lawyer did the right thing or its ok to send the application to Dallas??
Anyone any thoughts???
I am in the same situation. I just got the tracking number from my lawyer for the fedex that he had sent on June 30 and he has sent it to Dallas . I live and work in California. I went through the Direct Filing press release and the USCIS link :
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=eb7b5cdc2c463110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
and now I am confused as to whether my lawyer did the right thing or its ok to send the application to Dallas??
Anyone any thoughts???
immigrationvoice1
02-27 01:08 PM
Hope this documents appears in the sites run by the "anti-employment based immigrants" supporters.
fromnaija
11-09 01:54 PM
Done!
I would have love to see a section to show that we are law-abiding and the contribution of our family to our community and the economy. For instance my son has graduated college and now working, paying taxes and contributing to the US economy. And I am sure that most of you here who have college age kids are sending them to colleges and sometimes even paying out-of-state tuition to boot.
I would have love to see a section to show that we are law-abiding and the contribution of our family to our community and the economy. For instance my son has graduated college and now working, paying taxes and contributing to the US economy. And I am sure that most of you here who have college age kids are sending them to colleges and sometimes even paying out-of-state tuition to boot.
No comments:
Post a Comment